sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My name is ***** ***** and have a 2004 dodge durango the

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and have a 2004 dodge durango the battery was loose in the key fob and we got that fixed but the anti theft won't let me start the vehicle . The fob unlocks the doors but won't start what can I do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The security light is on and the car won't crank over . Have checked the starter fuse have unplugged the battery and nothing works . Got any idea what I can do to fix this
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the S***** *****ght is staying on solid that means the SKIM module isn't communicating with the powertrain control module. The issue could be either one of the modules, a loss of power or ground to one or the other, or a bus communication issue.

Does the fuel pump run when the key is turned on?