Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My name is ***** ***** i have a 1998 dodge ram 1500 when i

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** i have a 1998 dodge ram 1500 when i turn the turn singal on the wipers come on or when i blow the horn the wipers come on i need help.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when i turn the headlights on the wipers come on i have a after market alarm on it could that cause a problem
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. My experience has been that this problem is caused by a bad central timer module or a bad ground. Check ground 100 located on the left inner fender under the cruise control servo. If the washer pump ground is bad allowing voltage to backfeed to the Central Timer Module (CTM), the CTM then thinks the washers are on so it turns the wipers on.