Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My dodge dakota misses once in while. it is a bucking

Customer Question

my dodge dakota misses once in while. it is a bucking momentarily. its been scoped by two techs at different locations. no codes set, they are clueless
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

How long does the bucking event last?

Have they checked mode 6 data to see which cylinders are dropping out?

Have you ruled out this to be a transmission issue?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
bucking lasts 4 5 seconds. seems more likely when not fully warmed up. 2 techs have scoped it. no codes. would mode six have set a code? do i go back and ask them to check mode six. if computer has not coded, will anything be in mode six. i know a touch about cars just don't think mission. tach does not vary with bucking. wouldn't a mission problem be smoother than a fairly sharp buck. if one cylinder were missing it might feel a little rough, but this is fairly sharp bucking. seems like a lot of cylinders are firing and on. is eggier one part that might intermittent fail and take all 4 on one side? thanks a lot. Ralph
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am going out of town tomorrow, back Wednesday. Whatever you write will be responded to Wednesday or Thursday. I am looking forward to giving you the highest rating. ***** *****

Mode 6 data is a record of the cylinders and all cylinders over the last 40 starts. It does not show code, just the history on everything. A miss will feel like a jerk or hiccups.

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thaxs moose, just back in town. yes i'll give you highest rating. let me go to repair shop with this if they have further trouble ide like to check back with you. im having a littlt trouble getting back o you. if i dont reply in 2 days, please email me again.thaxs greatly. dont know why my 'tech' didnt know this, but i guess thats why you are the expert!!!!

Keep in touch and let me know the outcome before the post times out and closes from no rating on the 10th at 5:33pm central