Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

On my 2006 Dodge Durago 3.7 liter. I am experiencing an

Customer Question

On my 2006 Dodge Durago 3.7 liter. I am experiencing an erratic idle that comes and goes. Lasts for a few seconds. Doesn't do at the next light, but does it on the following one. Hasn't stalled...yet.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just idles rough...RPM drops. And recovers after about 5 secs.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This is most likely a failing TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). When it gets worn out it can send erratic voltage signals to the PCM (engine computer) and cause the problem you are having. I recommend 1 replacing the TPS, and 2 cleaning out the inside of the throttle body with a can of throttle body cleaner and a shop rag. This should take care of it. If you want to replace it yourself, I have attached the procedure to a DropBox link below. Copy and paste that link into your browser's address bar and hir enter to see the procedure.

I hope this helps and if so, please take a minute to rate my service today by using the expert rating system you see on your page.

Thank you!

Chris

Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2wx8utlej7jb684/3.7%20TPS.doc?dl=0

.

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer, and if you need further assistance.

Chris