Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years Diag/Electrical Specialist
13677702

ISSUE WITH THE PCM ON MY 07 CALIBER. I WANT TO KNOW DOES IT

Customer Question

IM HAVING ISSUE WITH THE PCM ON MY 07 CALIBER. I WANT TO KNOW DOES IT NEED A REPROGRAM IF REPLACED?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: HAVE HAD P0304, P0204 AND U1108 DTC CODES. IVE ALREADY TESTED FOR P0304 AND P0204 WHICH CYLINDER #4 INJECTOR. FOUND WITH AN OSCILLOSCOPE THAT IT WAS CONTINUED TO BE GROUNDED AT COLD START. AFTER OPERATING TEMPERATURE IT SMOOTHS OUT. THE U1108 IS FOR FRONT WIPER HIGH/LOW VOLTAGE.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: PLANING ON IT
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: I KNOW ON NISSAN. AN ECM NEEDS TO BE REPROGRAMMED. DOES DODGE NEED TO REPROGRAM THERE PCM?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, yes, 100% a program must be performed, no way around it, You could experience no start, shifting problems and a host of other problems, There is a certain procedure that must be followed via dealer scan tool as well as basically required to download current config from old PCM, Grounded by temp? not real common but if all test have been done and wiring integrity is ok and so on? then yes, the PCM injector driver could be the root problem, Here is a link to a file showing the reprogramming information