Dan, Technician
Experience:  2 Year Auto Diploma and Database Access
17871496

I have a dodge Dakota and my blinkers stop working as well

Customer Question

I have a dodge Dakota and my blinkers stop working as well as my hazard lights. Is it the bulb or the relay?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the turn signals turn on but not flash or not even turn on? Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They do not turn on at all. But, I took out the driver rear bulb and put it back in. The turn signal worked one time before malfunctioning again.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

That is strange, have you tried to remove bulb again? On this vehicle the turn signal switch sends signal to the instrument cluster then instrument cluster sends signal to the front control module which operates the lights.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will replace the bulbs tomorrow and determine if this is the issue.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

I do agree that would be the best place to start. After that you can check connections on cluster, turn signal switch, and front control module. If connections look good then I'd bring vehicle to dealer so they can use scantool to determine where the problem is. Without a scan tool you could test the turn signal switch but still wouldn't be able to tell if problem is cluster or front control module.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK, thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

No problem, let me know how it turns out. Thanks again and have a good night!