Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 08 dodge ram 1500 4.7 l 6 speed This morning when I

Customer Question

I have a 08 dodge ram 1500 4.7 l 6 speed This morning when I put my truck in drive I let my foot off the clutch and stepped on the gas and it just rolled back and revved up it has done it 2 or 3 times to me so far
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It seems to happen when I'm on a slight hill. In not new to 6 speed trucks and I just bought it a month ago.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

When this happens, does the clutch pedal resistance feel normal?

Does it feel like the shifter is going into gear and staying there or does the shifter pop out of gear?

Does it every happen when shifting into a higher gear?

Please remember that I am not there and therefore rely on you for as much detail as possible and may need to ask for more information at times