Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.
19871424

2010 town and country a/c not working

Customer Question

2010 town and country a/c not working
Category: Dodge
Expert:  xsvector replied 9 months ago.

when the clutch gets direct power does it engage?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
if I put power directly to it, it works fine and a/c cools
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need more information from you .

1. i do need the vin # ***** get the factory information of the vehicle.
  2. what repairs was done to the vehicle before this was an issue?
  3. any recent accidents ?

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have attached a pic of vintransmission was repaired by aamco in december
computers were flashed by chrysler dealership during tranny rebuildbut dont recall if it worked prior with the cold weather there was no need for a/c, how ever it did work perfect in the summerNo axcidents
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
computers were flashed by chrysler dealership during tranny rebuildbut dont recall if it worked prior with the cold weather there was no need for a/c, how ever it did work perfect in the summerNo accidents
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

sorry for the delay had to see the diagram. being that its a electronic climate control a scan tool will be needed. there is a chance that there is a code for compressor shut off due to low refrigerant so it locks out the system . the scan tool needs to be used to clear the code if there is a lock out code and then recehck.

common issues if the refrigerant was low or empty is the rear evaporator . that is the weak link of the system

when the temps get down to a certain temp the compressor will not work its a fail safe to prevent damage to the compressor at cold temps.

scan test is needed!!

anything else?

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang