Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

Exhaust filter will not regen, it says it is but it starts

Customer Question

Exhaust filter will not regen, it says it is but it starts at 70% goes til its 90% and then reduces power
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Most of the time the message will come up that the exhaust filter needs to be cleaned, and starts at 70, goes to 90, message comes up see dealer and then once in a while it will say regen is in progress but always starts at 70 and goes to 90 instead of going the other way, then says see dealer power reduced
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried to take it to dodge but they are so far out so thought I would see what I could do. Haven't tried anything yet
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No everything else is fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you determine what is causing the problem you are having I need to know what your working on, the year, and model as well as engine size. It would also be helpful if you can run a systems scan to see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back with this information and we can work from there.