Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

We have a 2011 dodge ram 1500 that suddenly wouldn't start,

Customer Question

Hi there, we have a 2011 dodge ram 1500 that suddenly wouldn't start, now when opening the doors the horn goes off and won't start.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: truck wont start not even turn over. cannot lock or unlock doors remotely or remote start.now when I open door alarm goes off and it tells me to start truck to disable alarm but cant start truck. read something about power lock fuse?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I can
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: not that I am aware of...was fine yesterday
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Edward replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Let's try this first, open the hood, pull the negative cable off the battery for about 5 minutes, reinstall the negative battery cable, and then put the key in the drivers door and lock and unlock the drivers door a few times, see if that resets the security system. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi Eddie
we have a big snow storm going on here so I may not be able to get this done right now
Expert:  Edward replied 11 months ago.

OK, I understand. Take your time and just when you can try it, and let me know what happens.