Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

I have a 2005 ram 3500 4x4 diesel and cant seem to get the

Customer Question

I have a 2005 ram 3500 4x4 diesel and cant seem to get the front end under control. have had stabilizer bushing replaced numerous times, ball joints, and tie rods replaced. even added frame to frame steering box stabilizer and as soon as I fix one thing something else needs replaced again. It gets a death wobble about every 2-3 months. any ideas?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

What about the tires? Have the tires been replaced recently? What is the size of the tires and are these 10 ply tires?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
235/80/r17 yes they have been replaced twice. sorry took so long to reply, had some things going on.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Are these tires the correct 10 ply tires?? The size should have an preceding "LT" and additional identification number after the tire size. Can you post the complete tire size along with the brand and model of the tires?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are LT, and yes they are 10 ply. This is a farm truck that gets used in fairly rough conditions, plus we have rather nasty roads here that tend to beat up front ends anyway but, we have two other Dodge trucks, a 2002, and a 2010, both one ton diesel 4x4's that are subjected to the same abuse and don't have any trouble with them. I guess what I'm looking for is to find out if that particular year of truck has a design that inhibits its toughness, which is what I've been told but can't seem to verify. I've even been told there is an aftermarket kit that you can change steering linkages to Ford style but can't seem to find it. I am extremely busy and don't want to waste a lot of time and money chasing urban legends. But, I really like the truck and am willing to spend the money if there is a legit fix.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Chrysler has updated parts for the front steering linkage (Different design). If you can post the last 8 digits of the VIN, I can research this for you and get you the correct part numbers needed for this upgrade....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks!", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark "" My Profile Page "" (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it.

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so as soon as possible to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better answer for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

My goal is to answer your question to your complete satisfaction, and would like to earn your business now and in the future.

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Robert