sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 07 Dodge Ram cracks over will not start etc light

Customer Question

Hi Robert I have a 07 Dodge Ram cracks over will not start etc light is lit while it turns over
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can cause a no start. You could be missing spark due to failed crank sensor, wiring, possible cam timing or an internal issue in the TIPM (module/fuse box under the hood).

You may be missing fuel pressure due to a failed pump or loss of power or ground to the pump. You mentioned hitting the fuel tank so I'm assuming that you don't hear the pump run. If not then it has most likely failed, but you could definitely have a wiring issue.

If you don't hear the pump run when the key is turned on then the first thing you'll want to do is locate the connector just behind the left front wheel well and make sure there is no wiring damage. If nothing is seen then power and ground at the pump connector should be checked with an incandescent test light, and if ok but the pump won't run then the pump will need to be replaced.