Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

MY NAME IS ***** ***** I HAVE A 98 DODGE RAM 2500 WITH 5.9

Customer Question

MY NAME IS ***** ***** I HAVE A 98 DODGE RAM 2500 WITH 5.9 DIESEL 24 VALVE THAT HAS A CODE OF 1693 WHAT DOES THIS CODE MEAN
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: WELL IN THE MORNING WHEN YOU GO AND START IT UP AND TRY TO DRIVE IT .IT ACT LIKE ITS GOT A DEAD PADEL AND THEN WHEN IT WARMS UP IT RUNS GREAT
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Code P1693 is a code that is directing you to check for fault codes in the other controller (ECM or JTEC)... P1693 logs in either controller if any code sets in the other (companion) module. P1693 (by itself) should not turn on the MIL. Try performing a triple key-cycle (ON-off-ON-off-ON) to pull any fauilt codes on the odometer, or check in the Cummins ECM freeze-frame data for any logged fault codes. There have been a few cases that P1693 was in the PCM and fault code P0180 (Fuel Injection Pump Temp Out Of Range) is logged in the ECM but it does not pull up on the scan tool when checking for fault codes. Check for P0180 logged in the ECM in freeze frame or on the odometer. You may have a failing injection pump. Hopefully this information will help you figure this out.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply? Do you still need help?

Chris