Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Truck won't start, Change the tipm and now it won't crank

Customer Question

Truck won't start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Change the tipm and now it won't crank over
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Make sure the TIPM is plugged in correctly and that it is the correct part for your model here.Make sure no fuses are blown causing this issue as well here.If these are all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tipm is new from Dodge and was done by vin # ***** new fuses and relays
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says to disconnect the - cable to install after done do I need to disconnect the + cable to reset the computer
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If you disconnected the negative this is all that should have been needed.Did the dealer tell you if it needed programmed at all as I know on some models this has to be done in order for a control unit like this to work.My info does not tell me that this is needed but sometimes my info can be incomplete.

You can try and disconnect both the battery cables for a few minutes to see if this resets the fault and corrects the issue but if the fault continues I would ask the dealer if they need to code or program this at all.If they say it doesnt need any coding they may have sold you a faulty part which can happen in some cases and I would see if they can parts warranty it for you at no charge to replace it again.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete