Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Yea my blue tech filter is plugging up quite often about

Customer Question

Yea my blue tech filter is plugging up quite often about every 3 days only when I make short runs I have to get on hwy and let it run through cycle to clean it out is this normal
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is the exhaust filter you can run the vehicle at higher speeds for a certain amount of time to clean out the filter but in some cases you may have to have a scan tool connected to do a forced regen, with the scan tool.This is usually the best option here to force it to clean.This way if it does not clean up properly you would know that it needs to be removed and manually cleaned by a repair facility that can clean it or removed and replaced.A shop or dealer will usually charge around an hours labor to clean it with their scan tool.

You can however drive it at highway speeds to try and clean it as well as sometimes this works.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete