Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Dodge & Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 98 RAM 1500 SLT that sits in the yard with no

Customer Question

I have a 98 RAM 1500 SLT that sits in the yard with no battery in it and for some time my son had stored some things in the cab and kept it locked. Recently I put a battery in it, and I when I hooked it up the alarm went off and wouldn't stop sounding so disconnected the horn to avoid disturbing the neighbors, but you could still hear the relay. I got the relay to stop and hooked the horn back up and now all the dash lights come on like normal but it won't crank at all. Any suggestions?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

Factory Alarm or Aftermarket Alarm?
Do you have the Remote?
Does it Arm / Disarm by locking / unlocking the Driver Door with Key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All factory but radoio, no remote, and no response of the alarm with the keys locking and unlocking the doors

there would be no response when using key, other than Arming (lock) & Disarming (unlock)
to test if Factory, which there should be a remote, Roll driver window down, close hood & ALL doors, Lock Door with Door Lock Switch or Key, wait apprx 3 minutes
Reach inside Driver Door & Unlock "Manually" (not with door switch)
Open Driver Door
Does Alarm sound
IF so, Unlock Driver Door with Key
Does Alarm DisArm?
.
2)

IF Alarm does NOT sound when you reach in & unlock & open door, then it is NOT Factory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No alarm sound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a small antenna by the rearview mirror with a small box, blue light, and an alarm button. I take it this is an aftermarket item

very sorry.....no internet.........

.

That is "Aftermarket"
Likely have a "Valet Switch"
IF you do NOT have a Remote, you will need to locate the Valet Switch
IF there is NO Push Button on the Antenna, then check under dash for a Push Button Switch or Toggle Switch
You can also look under Driver Dash for the Main Unit & see what Brand & Model Number & I can try to locate a Owners Manual
Let me know what you find

.