Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2010 dodge ram I just put new cam and lifters now

Customer Question

I have a 2010 dodge ram I just put new cam and lifters now trucks starts up fine when cold when it starts to warm it starts to idle down and miss try to give it fuel and u get a rattle n0ise from drivers side and it smells like it is getting to much fuel then it dies hard to start after checked all the silenoids under intake all are working and seem to b ok what could have I missed
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I need a little more info to assist better.

Have you checked over the engine for any vacuum leaks like a loose hose or intake gaskets leaking at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no leaks acts like lifters loosing prime it has the gas saving deal where it shuts down to 4 cly while driving on hwy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
this is the hemi motor
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Are there any fault codes setting with this issue here?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
po300
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
are u still on here
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

I am here.

Can you tell which cylinders are misfiring?Using a scan tool to observe engine misfire data?

Unfortunately I am unable to accept the phone call request at this time.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it just gives me a random misfire code has to do with oil pump silenoids under intake the computer is shutting them down when it aint suppose to is there any way to relearn the computer to fire right
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it runs good at first start then about two minutes in it starts to shut down and load up with fuel try to give it gas and that's when u hear the like rattling niose then it dies and wont start foir a while
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Can you tell me the exact engine liter size on your model here?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no don't have that information avalible
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its standard cam and lifters
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its oem cam
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

O.k.,I will have to open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a scan tool that will perform a cam variation relearn?

It sounds like the computer is trying to adjust cam variation when it shouldn't or to adjust to values that are incorrect.