Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

It is a 2005 dodge neon sxt and it is intermittently

Customer Question

it is a 2005 dodge neon sxt and it is intermittently starting then dying after a few seconds. if I turn the key off, lock the car, wait for a few seconds and then restart it it would go on running fine, now I am to the point where I have to do that routine 3-4 times before it will go to orking
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I was a Mercedes tech for a while but am out of the business now, It seems likeit has to do with the security system(stock) on the neon, but Im not completely sure.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive cleaned the throttle body, and checked for vacuum leaks, but I wasnt sure where to start on the security system side, other than the reset routine.
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: it has 115000 miles on it and my girlfriend had a minor(radiator support pushed back slightly and hood buckled) accident with it but I believe that the first instance of the issue was before that.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

does the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the trouble codes?

what engine do you have?

does the anti-theft light stay on?

does the instrument cluster work?

tell me all you can

thanks