Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

From France. I own a 2006 Dodge Magnum SXT and I changed the

Customer Question

Hi.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am Lionel from France. I own a 2006 Dodge Magnum SXT and I changed the clusters for a R/T one and add the steering wheel switches with harness to make the EVIC fonctional. But that's not. I know i need to program the FCM, but I can't. There is no Mopar dealer anymore in France. My question is: can I replace the SXT FCM for a R/T FCM to have it programed for a fonctional EVIC ? Thanks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a starscan, but the EVIC program seems not to be in. I also have auto enginuity software.
I have installed the compass module and it is working, because the program is in the scantools I have. But nothing to make the steering whell switches working.
Thanks
Expert:  moparfl replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for using JA

That is not going to work all of the module will need to be programmed with the same VIN and you would have to replace ever module on the car as well as the engine computer and would need to use a RT vin to make it work.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
A few years ago, I had to change the engine computer module. I changed the VIN with the starscan, but I didn't have to change all the other module. The engine computeur module was the same (for 3.6L).
I just asked myself if I can change only the front control module for a R/T one to have the EVIC already programmed.
So if you say that is not possible. I have no solution, because I can't program or find someone in France to program it to make the EVIC and steering wheel switches working.
Where could I find someone who could program the FCM to activate this EVIC option?
Expert:  moparfl replied 9 months ago.

I don't know where you would need to go to have the programming done . If you install one with the vin already programmed it is going to have a vin conflict and may have many things that don't work

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, but do you know if it is possible to change the VIN of this module with a starscan, to match my car VIN, and be sure to keep the programs already inside to make the EVIC and steering wheel switches working?
If it is possible to do that, I just have to find a module from a R/T and change the VIN.
Expert:  moparfl replied 9 months ago.

No you can't change it once it's been entered.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, thank you very much for your time.
Expert:  moparfl replied 9 months ago.

You are very welcome and thanks for using JA.

Don't forget to accept .