Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.6L. it is misfiring on cylinder

Customer Question

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.6L. it is misfiring on cylinder 1,2,5,6. it has a insufficient ionization on ignition coil 2...codes that are present are: P0302, P2305, P0113, P000d, P0420, P0430, P0300, P0305, P0306, P0301. I tried new spark plugs but with same misfiring result. i tried 2 new Coil packs on cylinder 5 & 6 with new spark plugs and still same misfiring result. i did a compression test on all cylinders: 1,2,3,4 are a little over 150 psi...cylinder 6 was 130 psi...and cylinder 6 was a little over 240 psi...the engine is receiving fuel so no fuel problem there....any help will be greatly appreciated.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 9 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

How many miles are on your 2011 Caravan? Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN so I can research this for you?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i believe it has 210,000..and vin# ***** *****
Expert:  Robert R replied 9 months ago.

I've seen problems with valve guides wearing out causing intermittent issues with valves sealing. Compression test normally results in good readings with this issue. At this time, I would recommend to pull the heads for inspection of the valve guides, if worn out. New heads are recommended unless you can find a machine shop that can replace the valve guides and perform a valve job...

On insufficient ionization code, I recommend to carefully check the wiring, if all ok and coils are ok, you may need to replace the PCM..

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i will check everything today
Expert:  Robert R replied 9 months ago.

sounds good, keep me posted and don't hesitate to ask any additional questions you may have..

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for good answers is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...