Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

On code PO171, if not a vacuum leak what other possibilities

Customer Question

on code PO171, if not a vacuum leak what other possibilities would give that code? Also, is it okay to drive the vechile until I get the problem fixed?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

That code could be caused by a couple of different things, low fuel pressure, vacuum leak, a bad 02 sensor or even the PCM, (which is not as likely).

.

If the vehicle is running good and not missing it is normally ok to drive for awhile until it can be fixed.

.

The tests would have to be done to determine the cause of it though.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****