Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

TURN THE KEY NO POWER,battery completely charged

Customer Question

Category: Dodge
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 9 months ago.

Welcome,

I have been a master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.

Have you tried to start it in neutral?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That did not work...I am not getting anything,no break lights no horn or head lights

Thanks,

Do you have a volt meter to use for some quick tests?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
unfortunately I do not

Sorry but its impossible for me to say what is wrong without testing for proper voltage. Its not like there can only be one possibility so i will see if someone wants to take a stab at this. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you just the same...I will regress from this and put it in the shop...and there will not be a full charge for this right!?!?

Sorry, i really wish i could help but its like asking a doctor why my head hurts and without testing you can not come up with a correct answer and i am NOT going to just guess. I hope you understand. I have worked on MANY of the exact same cars with the same issue you have but unfortunately just because they are the same year and model doesnt mean there is a cut and dry answer to why the lack of voltage. I can say that the PDC is by far the most common culprit here. It's the main power distribution center under the hood where the positive battery cable goes to. They tend to have internal connection problems.

I am more than willing to talk to you on the phone about this and offer some suggestions but trying to type back and forth without having volt readings might not be useful for you.

Take care and best wishes my friend.

Let me know if you would like to talk on the phone, or have me list some other possible corrections for this in our current chat format.

LJ