Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2002 1500 van. No spark, no bus, fuel gauge says zero but

Customer Question

2002 1500 van. No spark, no bus, fuel gauge says zero but tank is full. All happened at once, with one instance of working for a short trip. Now dead in my driveway. I have the manual. Checked crank and cam sensors for output signals, and they seem to be there. I think ASD relay is not pulling in, so tried bypassing it. Still no spark. No corroded connections, grounds are tight. Next?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Can you ask me some specific questions?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. When you turn the key to the "on" position, can you hear the fuel pump come on and run for 2to 3 seconds and then shut off?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello?? Do you still need help with your van?

Chris