Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Have my son driving a 2014 dodge 2500 cummins truck back

Customer Question

Have my son driving a 2014 dodge 2500 cummins truck back from Wyoming and they r about to north platte nebs. Truck is telling them that they have 40 miles and truck will only go 5 mph a def problem his ph number is(###) ###-####Ben
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What will need to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set.If he can stop in at a place like Auto Zone or similar and have the codes read out and post the codes here this will help.I can offer the phone call service as well if you want me to speak on the phone with him just let me know.This may be a low DEF fault or a sensor at fault but without knowing the codes to help further it is difficult to say for sure.Let me know if you want me to offer the phone call service on this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete