Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 02 ram 1500, 4.7. 131K. P0304, P0302, ect. cant

Customer Question

I have a 02 ram 1500, 4.7. 131K. P0304, P0302, ect. cant feel anything when driving or at idle. Just keeps throwing misfire codes once a week
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really. I reset the code, then in a week or so it will pop up again, but sometimes on a different cylinder.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Edward replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. did you replace the plugs already and still get these random misfires? Also, Are the ignition coil's original? They will usually start cracking between the actual coil where you plug them in and down to the plug, arc out the side of the coil tube before it gets to the plug, Are these the original coil packs on the truck to your knowledge? Let us know if you have looked at or replaced plugs or coil packs yet. Thank you.