sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Just swapped the motor in my 2001 and when I turn the key on

Customer Question

Just swapped the motor in my 2001 and when I turn the key on I have some power like Windows an lights but no power to the gauge cluster an won't activate the starter
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

That sounds like the Vehicle Theft Security System (VTSS) has been activated and is preventing the engine from starting. The system can be disarmed 2 ways; unlock vehicle using original key in any door lock, or by pressing original Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter UNLOCK button. If alarm has been set off, either method can be used to disarm and shut off horn and lights.

Please let me know if that helps.

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The vehicle is unlocked an there is now vtss on the truck ive come to the conclusion it's either my ecm or pcm

Well, in that case I'll opt out since you seem to have it all figured out. Please do not reply to my post or the system will revert your request to me. You can contact Customer Service for any other inquiries.

Best Regards.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the instrument cluster is completely down then the pr0blem is deeper than the PCM or ECM. If the cluster works but the fuel gauge and voltmeter do not then the PCM isn't awake, but that won't prevent the starter from engaging.

Does the cluster not wake up at all?