sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Name is ***** ***** and I'm trying to fix my screw up! I

Customer Question

Name is ***** ***** and I'm trying to fix my screw up!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I wanted to install the block heater on my 13 ram 2500 with 5.7...I've done some in the past and never had a problem but on diesels. The instructions that come with the mopar kit had directions but minimal at best so crawling under the truck and finding the spot that it showed, or what I thought was, is not The directions indicate that it installs just below the exhaust manifold on the driver side...I found a plug with a bolt hole beside it that matched up to the width of the bracket on the heater plug....the plug was not coming loose and in doing some good ol googling, people had stated that they were hard and you couuld drill a hole in the middle to help get it out, when I did this I got antifreeze....which instantly made me stop becuase I was told this was a dry well installation AND there is no gasket to stop the flow...so I know Ive screwed up and have to figure out how to fix it..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you may have drilled into a freeze plug. Are you able to upload a picture showing where the hole was drilled?