sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2005 2.7 magnum. Ok 1st my key fob stopped working.

Customer Question

Hi im Anthony. I have a 2005 2.7 magnum. Ok 1st my key fob stopped working. I tried new battery an nothing. Then my locks an interior lights dont work unless my key is in the ignition on the on position. So when i turn car off nothing works unless key is in ignition.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm assuming the radio also doesn't work. The interior lights, radio, power locks and keyless entry all require power on the IOD circuit to operate. If you lost these items at the same time it could be a wiring or internal issue in the power distribution center, but it would most likely be a blown IOD fuse.

If the fob stopped working before everything else then that is a separate issue. If the battery hs been replaced and the battery terminal has not broken free of the circuit board, then the it has failed and the key will need to be replaced.