Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2001 R1500 5.9- no start no bus on odometer, replaced ecm

Customer Question

2001 R1500 5.9- no start no bus on odometer, replaced ecm with used one truck runs fine but no bus still there plus trans temp light overdrive lightand check engine light on so..took to dealer to flash and they said ecm is for a 98 1500 not 01 so everything is same I cant find the original ecm to get the numbers off it how can I find the right ecm numbers for my truck so I can get the right one
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

Hello! All you need to do is speak with the parts department at the dodge dealership and give them the last 8 digits of the VIN. From there they can provide you with the correct part number for the ECM.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

Your welcome. I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.