sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge charger 5.8 06 hemi ingine i change oil pump pistons

Customer Question

Dodge charger 5.8 06 hemi ingine i change oil pump pistons new timing chain i have conprecion but got to point its tie dont wana turn wen i install the rocker arms
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

How would you like us to help you? Engine specs? Torque values? Engine timing?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ween i change pistons and put new timing chain turs timing its correct the problem its on rocker arms torque to 20 pounds but ween i put sparkplugs fild like to much conpresor dond wana turn

Sorry, but I won't be able to help you. I'll opt out so others may try. Please don't reply until another expert responds or the site will revert you request back to me.

Best Regards.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have a mechanical issue but the engine is going to be harder to turn as each cylinder comes up on top dead center during it's compression stroke.

Are you unable to turn the engine at all, or does it get harder and easier to turn throughout a revolution but you're always able to turn it?

What are you turning the engine with?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
By hand if use stArter dont turn ween i put sparkplug all the rocker arms ar correct do the have someting to di whit the lifters those ar mds a i but the car on parts i not sure if the lifters are correct in the piaton some models are diferene i belive these one is 1 -7 - 2- and 4 pleSe senmw the lifters order please

How was the timing chain installed?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Correct the cam at 12 aclock the crankshaft at 2 aclock its aniting have ti do whit lifters i need to now if i israled right

The lifters aren't going to cause you to not be able to turn the engine.

The engine is out of time if you had the crank mark at 2:00, the valves are hitting the pistons. The crank mark needed to be at 6:00 with the cam at 12:00. The crank mark corresponds to the single mark on the chain at 6:00, the cam at 12:00 goes between the double marks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
U tells me the cam mark its double mark at 12 and thesingle mark its the crank at 6 single mark

Correct.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Tanks sr

You're welcome!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have wrong book show diferent

If it shows the crank gear dot anywhere but the 6:00 position and lined up to the single mark on the timing chain then it's definitely incorrect.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Book show cam 1 link mark crank show 2

The crank mark is at 6:00 with the single link, the cam is at 12:00 between the two marked links.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Tanks talk to u sun

You're welcome!