sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2011 ram 5500 with a 6.7 cummins. just put a new

Customer Question

I have a 2011 ram 5500 with a 6.7 cummins. just put a new turbo in it and new crankcase filter. its burning oil too fast. It has no egr or cat or dpf filter.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its using a gallon every 2500 miles. thers too much oil in the downpipe from the turbo. 1500 miles sorry
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I assume the oil you're seeing is in the exhaust. If you're seeing oil in the exhaust after the turbo then it's either pushing out of the turbo or it's being burned in the engine.

When the turbo was removed did you check for oil in the exhaust manifold?

Was this the issue the turbo was replaced for?

Was anything else cleaned, checked or replaced when the turbo was done other than the crankcase filter?