sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My alarm keeps going off reason nothing i have done seems to

Customer Question

my alarm keeps going off for no reason nothing i have done seems to fix it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i like the car with the key fob then about 5 seconds to a minute the alarm goes off i was trying to see if i could find a fuse to remove but i haven't had any luck with that either
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yeah i cannot lock the car without the alarm going off and i don't have a garage to park in so my car will be unlocked the whole night
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: removing the battery from the key fob thinking it was the key fob did not work.. unplugged the battery from the car for 30 minutes to see if it would manually reset.. did not work now i was searching for the alarm fuse location
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: the trunk has a leak and i was thinking maybe some sensor in the truck shorted out and the car thinks the truck is always open but there isn't an indication on the dash showing it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Factory security will sound when it sees a door open when it has not been disarmed. The most likely cause for the alarm going off on it's own would be a failed door ajar switch. Some vehicles also monitor the trunk and hood.

What year and model is the vehicle?