Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Dodge & Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

1D7HA18257S22W7796. THE driver's side window wont let up.

Customer Question

1D7HA18257S22W7796. THE driver's side window wont let up. The other three are fine. It has done this before in the past 4 weeks. I already purchased and installed a new control cluster. I'm wanting to try and let it back up and leave it alone until I can have it checked at the dealership tomorrow. My phone # *****(###) ###-#### Any suggestions?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 9 months ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
This is typically the Motor or the wiring.
There is no way to guarantee the Motor will raise the Glass, unless you remove the Door Panel & test the "2" wires at the Window Motor to see if there is Voltage + & Ground - that "reverses" in the wires;

Switch held in Up position
One wire will have 12 Volts +
One wire will have Ground -

.

Switch held in Down position
The wire that had 12 Volts + is now Ground -
The wire that was Ground - is now 12 Volts +

IF there is then it is likely the Motor & you will have to disconnect the Glass from the Regulator or the Regulator from the Door, raise the Glass & fabricate something to hold the glass up.
It would be best to find somewhere inside to park vehicle, or attach a plastic sheet to the opening until you can get it to the Dealer

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

.
Hello again Lurch here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.

If I have helped, please RATE my answer

I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.