Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

, 2003 Dodge Ram Van 2500 with 5.2. Blinkers went out.

Customer Question

HI
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2003 Dodge Ram Van 2500 with 5.2. Blinkers went out. It appears that I the right blinker will light and stay on when the left switch is activated and the brake lights is compressed. Same for the opposite sides. All fuses are ok and bulbs have been replaced. I assume a ground or open wire somewhere. I removed the multifunction switch and it looks ok. I can hear the relay activating when I hit the turn signal and the emergency lighting, I just get no blinkers.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
At one point in the recent past I noticed that my wipers would freeze and become unresponsive. I can't recall if the turn signals stopped working at that time as well or not. I did some basic electrical testing and havent come to any conclusions at this time. I have a license plate light I noticed is burnt out, I dont think there is any correlation to it. I have the towing wiring under the back bumper but I have never used it.
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. The blinker issue is most likley caused by a bad combonation flasher on relay/fuse block

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do I test this and repair?
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

You could just replace it with a new one or just swap it out with one that is similair. Here is a pic. it is number 3 in the picture.

Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.