Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Marcio, I have a 2013 ram 2500 and my door locks aren't not

Customer Question

Marcio, I have a 2013 ram 2500 and my door locks aren't not locking when I press lock on the switch or key. The only one that works is the driver door. If I manually lock them all they will all unlock with button or key.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what details
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 9 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I've seen this issue in the past and it ended up being a faulty BCM.

The BCM controls the door locks, the lock driver for the passenger doors may be faulty causing this problem. Another possibility is a loss of communication between the door modules.. A scan will narrow down the possibilities.

At this time, I recommend a scan at the dealer to confirm this. Sometimes, there may be a flash update that may solve your issue, if this is the case, the dealer is the place that can get this done for you..