Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2009 dodge journey and every time the traction

Customer Question

I have a 2009 dodge journey and every time the traction light comes on my car bogs down and eventually stalls. What is wrong with my car????
Category: Dodge
Expert:  xsvector replied 9 months ago.

have you had the abs system traction control system scanned for trouble codes?

Expert:  xsvector replied 9 months ago.

Error: Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation. Keep an eye on the Request Center for an updated Phone Call Request.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no I havent
Expert:  xsvector replied 9 months ago.

do you have access to a good scan tool?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hows it going john? my names jase, so here is the deal. i had my friends dad fix the flex pipe on my moms 09 dodge journey he had it for a good week and a half and when i finally got the car the back the driver side window stopped working then passengers side window stopped the whole control system just shit the bed the only windows the work are the back ones, then all of a sudden when you hit a top speed of 30 35 the traction control light would flash and the whole car would just bog down and either just shut down completely or lose a lot of power. i had my friends dad who is a mechanic and he did do a scan and three codes came up, one was a voltage code like possibly a bad ground and im not sure about the other 2
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
but before all this my moms car would start and then it wouldn't until you wiggled the shifter and it would start, it has a new battery alternator and starter,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i know a good amount about cars but this is something that is just eating at my brain and im tired of people taking advantage of my mom and taking her money so hopefully you can shed some light on this situation cuz if i cant figure it out im gonna have a good time blowing this doge up
Expert:  xsvector replied 9 months ago.

can you tell me the codes?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
not off the top of my head but im gonna run the codes agin and write down all the three codes again \
Expert:  xsvector replied 9 months ago.

that would be helpful

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hey john sorry took so long soo now only one code comes up instead on the 3 codes i told you you earlier and its not the low voltage code but the car is still doing the same shit cuz once i hit 35 the traction control light came on and it shut the car down on me the code that did come up is the coolant fan and its po480
Expert:  xsvector replied 9 months ago.

hat are you using for a scan tool?