Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Have a 2004 dodge ram 2500 turbo diesel, rebuilt trans auto

Customer Question

have a 2004 dodge ram 2500 turbo diesel, rebuilt trans auto 4x4. will not move from stop at altitude. tried a new converter, no help.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 9 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

The best thing to do at this point is to scan for the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" (DTC's) from the onboard computers. The DTC's are used as the Starting Point for diagnosis. They let you know which system(s) the fault is in. This information is of great value for correct diagnosis. As a Technician, my first course of action is normally to scan for the DTC's. If you can obtain these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem. You can have these Codes read for FREE at your local auto part store (AutoZone, O'Reileys, Advanced, etc.). If you post these Diagnostic Trouble Codes here, I can obtain the most accurate information to help you diagnose the Concern, and then point you towards the correct repair.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no codes shown after system scan motor or trans
Expert:  Robert R replied 9 months ago.

With no codes, the only thing that comes to mind is the Boost Pressure Sensor (MAP Sensor) This can fail "In-Range" and cause issues. Do you have access to a scanner to monitor the sensors?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not have a scanner to monitor the map sensor
Expert:  Robert R replied 9 months ago.

You can try to replace the MAP sensor to see if it helps. Otherwise, I recommend to obtain a scanner to monitor the boost pressure while driving.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i'll try
Expert:  Robert R replied 9 months ago.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! .

Thank you!

Robert