Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram cummins and I'm having trouble

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram cummins and I'm having trouble getting my truck out of park... I have to keep giggling the shifter until it goes into gear... Any help is appreciated
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This problem is caused by the shift cable interlock or the shift lever mechanism itself. What we need to do is to remove the shift cable at the lever and see if it is still difficult to pull out of park. If I send you the instructions to do that do you think you can do it and reply back to me?

Chris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can try
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Ok, copy and paste the DropBox link below into your browser's address bar and hit enter to see the procedure. After the cable is disconnected, try moving the shift lever. If it stilkl hangs up, then the shift lever mechanism will need to be replaced. If it is now easy to move, then have the cable replaced.

I hope that this information is helpful, and if so please take a minute to rate my service today.

Thank you!

Chris

Here is the link :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pf61i8lfnu88u3/DR%20shift%20cable.doc?dl=0

.

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Any luck?

Chris