Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Dodge Diagnostics
18617752

Last nite my car was starting OK then I came from the store

Customer Question

Last nite my car was starting OK then I came from the store went to leave again an it won't start. When I go to start it all it does is one click. The lights an radio come on an the clock still has the right time please tell me what the problem could be
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

The 1-click per ignition cycle is a common, tell-tale sign of a faulty Starter Solenoid. On this vehicle, the Solenoid is mounted to the Starter and is usually replaced as a Starter Motor Assembly (the new starter comes with a new solenoid). The Starter is located on the lower, rear, passenger's side of the engine. Make sure the connections to the Solenoid are tight. If the connections look good, replacing the Starter Motor Assembly should solve the problem. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

..