Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

We have a 2008 Ford Focus, that won't start. We put it on a

Customer Question

We have a 2008 Ford Focus, that won't start. We put it on a diagnostic machine, and the only thing that showed up was cold thermostat. Would this stop it from rolling over? It was driven to work that day.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 9 months ago.

Hi Linda, My name is***** will be glad to help. What is the code numbers you are getting? Also with the engine crank over but not start or will it not turn over at all?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It said cold thermostat. not sure of the code. It won't crank over at all. The battery is up. He replaced the starter.

Standard or automatic transmission? Have him test for power to the starter when someone turns the key switch to start.... If not power to the solenoid from the key check all fuses and relays first and let me know

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He got it resolved, but it was a relay switch.

Thanks for the update. I am glad you got this resolved. I mentioned your relays, fuses and solenoid power from the switch. Pleasure to help. Please remember to rate my answers as that is how the experts get credited from the sit for their time. I hope you are having a great weekend Linda.