Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

My 07 dodge 6.7 had a message come up this morning. perform

Customer Question

My 07 dodge 6.7 had a message come up this morning. perform service. Im just over 135000 miles. Any ideas?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Truck runs great just the over head massage perform service came on today. Could it be the ccv filter again?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yep
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet. I just got the message on the overhead
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Its chipped with the smarty programer w/dpf delete
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

It's a reminder telling you to perform the scheduled service (as indicated in your maintenance booklet). here is how to reset it:

PERFORM SERVICE INDICATOR - RESET
The “Perform Service” message will display on the EVIC each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position to indicate a emission maintenance is required. To reset the “Perform Service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine).
2. Press and release the brake pedal two times.
3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Perform Service” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.