Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Just replaced ecm on 2003 dodge ram 1500. now getting code

Customer Question

just replaced ecm on 2003 dodge ram 1500. now getting code reading 0633 ann wont start
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This code indicates that the SKIM information has not been programmed into the ecm.If you just simply replaced it without any programming being done (even if it was a used working ECM in the same model) it does need to be programmed by either a dealer or repair center that has access to Dodge programming to correct this fault here.This will cause the no start here as well.If the SKIM and ECM was programmed and you still see this code and no start then this indicates the replacement ECM that was installed is defective and needs replaced again.If this is the case I would speak with the facility you purchased it from to see if they will parts warranty this for you and give you a new one at no charge.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete