Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

99 2500 cummins loss of rpm returns to idle can play with

Customer Question

99 2500 cummins loss of rpm returns to idle can play with pedal rpm comes up mainly between 12 and 1500 rpm changed pump no diff
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also no code
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are not getting any fault codes to set then the next best thing to do is to install your scanner and monitor the data stream and see if you can determine what is dropping out causing the problem you are having. I would watch the crankshaft position sensor as well as the cam angle sensor. If you can get me something to go on. I will try and help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u Ron for answering all I have here is a code reader I know I can play with the throttle pedal and it will open up but the more I do this the faster it struts to lose rpm what controls the tps when I have cable pedal
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Your 5.9 uses a Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor to control the throttle. It has know issue with failing but in most cases will set a fault code.