Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with 4.7 engine. Vehicle was locked in

Customer Question

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with 4.7 engine. Vehicle was locked in on a high idle even threw driving. Racing the motor as you tried to stop. Found vacuum leak and fixed. It took care of the racing but still idles at 1600/1700 rpm's. Replaced ICV AND TBS cleaned and ports and throttle body. Idle got a little better now 1500/1600. Stumped need to fix as I broke down in a small town and I need to be in Chicago by Thursday
Category: Dodge
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** will be helping you today have you changed the egr valve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

the egr valve is morethen likely the problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will order one and see
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

ok you need anything else let me know be sure to rate my service when you get the chance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do if that does it
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no egr valve on this model
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

what size engine

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4.7
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The previous tech has opted out, would you like me to help?

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a notification that the first person dropped off and by the time you responded I was already on the road for hours. We found the problem and fixed it in minutes. Being on the road made it difficult to respond.I didn't rate you because we never talked.

Glad you got it resolved. Since you have already paid, you can use those funds in your account here for another question.