sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have error codes P1004, P2173, P061A, P0113. The a red

Customer Question

I have error codes P1004, P2173, P061A, P0113. The a red warning light on the dash panel flashes and the car goes into limp mode. I turn off the ignition and restart the car and it runs ok for a few miles then it happens again. I replaced throttle body position sensor. Ran Sea Foam through the throttle body to clean the plenum intake manifold (short run control valve)area. I cleaned the short run actuator oil/carbon build up, checked all hoses.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P1004 is for the performance of the short running valve actuator on the intake. This is going to be the actuator itself or a failure of the valve in the plenum

P2173 sets when the engine controller perceives a large vacuum leak.

P061a could either be a failure internal in the powertrain control module or a poor power or ground to it, most likely the PCM.

P0113 is for the intake air temperature sensor

The P2173 and P061a are both related to the ETC light coming on. There is little chance the PCM will not need to be replaced but there is also either a vacuum leak or the PCM thinks that there is. This could be an actual leak such as the intake gasket or EGR tube seal, or it could be a bad MAP sensor.