Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My 2006 Dodge Durango won't start. I had the transmission

Customer Question

My 2006 Dodge Durango won't start. I had the transmission rebuilt, they put back in, it started once and now nothing. It kept throwing a code about the key. Took to Dodge to fix and they said it was the after market alarm system and the now chipped keys causing the problem. They took off, restored to factory and still won't start. They replaced skim module and still won't start. HELP!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Looks like it since apparently the Doge dealership has no clue what they are doing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Not that I can think of. It was running perfect before the transmission issue.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

What code is being set about the key?