Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2002 dodge ram B1500 van.

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2002 dodge ram B1500 van. It cranks but wont start. I have fuel pressure so it is not the fuel pump.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There is spark at the plugs and coil and voltage at the injectors
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Does the engine run on starting fluid if you disable the fuel system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried putting gas down intake.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

And it still does not run?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then the engine is either flooded or it is simply out of time. It is as simple as that.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Glad I can help. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not flooded and out of time ? U mean too old. It only has 120,00
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, well then what is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really those are your answers?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

YEs, because that is what is wrong. I know this because I ACTUALLY work on cars for a living.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Unless of course your not giving me the correct information..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What else would you like to know
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

The truth. If your telling me the truth and all the information you have giving me is accurate, then chances are the engine is out of time. Have you checked engine compression? If so, what is it at?

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if you have not yet checked engine compression and verified that the ignition timing lines up correctly, then these are your next steps. I am glad I can help. Have a good night.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I parked truck friday ran fine get great fuel mileage went to start it sunday wont start - fuel pump ok fuel pressure ok what i am thinking is maybe computer - I have power everywhere i should - but thought i would try here to see i you guys could tell me about next step i should take and compression is good all within 10%
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Excellent

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the only and last time I would ever use ask us. Sorry I wasted your time you certainly wasted mine
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want a refund. I do not want a membership and I am not satisfied with the answer I got. I also noticed that I was charged more than was stated on the home page. NOT very professional at all. Please refund my card immediately or I will report this to visa
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

If your ready to listen to me, we can continue. If not, you can process a refund on your end.