Dan, Technician
Experience:  2 Year Auto Diploma and Database Access
17871496

We have a 2000 plymouth neon and it won't start. A few weeks

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, We have a 2000 plymouth neon and it won't start. A few weeks ago it did this and it would intermittently start up, we changed the plugs and wires and it worked great until Friday. It now won't start at all. We changed the ignition switch and still nothing. We have all power to the car, all lights come on, we don't get any sound of it even trying to crank or start. We do hear the starter relay clicking everytime we turn the key to start it. We have read so many forums and they all have so many options that could be going on.
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Dodge Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I don't have a jeep...
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: We had the serpentine belt and power steering pump all replaced last year.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you hear starter relay clicking that points toward a problem with the starter. Use a voltmeter and verify starter has battery power on large wire and ignition power with key in start position on small wire. If both are good then replace the starter. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if you have more questions. Thnks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/un9g9jnb3anwb8p/starterrr.pdf?dl=0

-

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay, we are going to try that now....I will get back to you after we try that.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Sounds good, let me know how it goes. Thanks.