sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My 1992 dodge cummins 5.9 is hard to start
, when i

Customer Question

my 1992 dodge cummins 5.9 is hard to start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when i t5urn on key you wait for the light to go off how ever need to pump the padel very hard to start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
when are you going responed
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have quite a few things going on. You may have a fuel drainback issue, the problem could be with the injector pump or transfer pump, or possibly the idle is adjusted too low. If it was just an idle adjustment issue then cracking the throttle should allow it to start.

Even with functioning and intake heaters it will be a bit harder to start in cold weather but I'm assuming you're familiar with the truck and this is a new issue.

Has anything been done to try to diagnose the problem?