roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I replaced speed sensors solenoid packs and it still stuck

Customer Question

I replaced speed sensors solenoid packs and it still stuck in limp mode and giving solenoid b faults. What else could it be. 04 Dodge Dakota 4.7 auto.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, my name is***** am a verified expert automobile technician. I, and all others like me are neither employees nor agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell our Expert knowledge to customers. I do my best to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, please let me know what you need from me so you’re satisfied with my efforts and reward me with a Positive Rating.

I can probably help you find out what's wrong with your Dakota, but first I need to know a couple of things:

1. what exactly is(are) the code number(s)?
  2. do you have and know how to use a volt/ohmmeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Po 700. And po 750. Yes I know how to use an ohmetet. The code comes back as b solenoid fault. The tranny also has a buzzing sound when in park and neutral

thank you for that information.

Most likely, the problem is a poor connection. Give me a couple of minutes to find the diagram so I can show you where to test. Be back in a bit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE DIAGRAM YOU SAID YOU WOULD SEND. 04 DODGE DAKOTA. NO 1ST GEAR OR OVERDRIVE. STUCK IN SECOND. CHANGED SOLINOID PACK AND SPEED SENSORS. STILL NO DIFFERENCE. WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE?

I'm sorry. We had a power failure and most of my equipment is down. I'll opt out so others can help you.

Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

I would suspect a wiring harness issue. you have replaced the hard parts. did you inspect the wiring for any damage???

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From what w understand, this happens quite often. Where exactly is this harness.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

it is the harness from the transmission to the solenoids inside the trans. there is a connector at the trans that meets to the body harness. the rest of the harness is inside the trans.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I check these with ohmeter to check for continuity
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

yes, you could. I would visually inspect first to verify no damage to the wiring.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That has been done what else could it be? Could the pcm be bad, we are not getting any errors about the pcm
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

what has been done???

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Visually inspected the harness and ohmed it
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

ok, you need to verify 12 volts to the solenoid and 12 volts on the return wire to the pcm. if you have voltage back on the return wire to the body harness, then you need to verify voltage at the pcm so it is seeing the signal. if all that is good, it is possible the pcm is the failure

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out

Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy